Thank you for your interest in Volunteering with the Guelph Jazz Festival and Colloquium! We welcome you to be a part of this incredible community experience in support of innovative music and culture in the City of Guelph.
Every year more then 200 people of all ages and cultures invest their energy to create a smooth running and vibrant Jazz Festival and Colloquium. While the nationally and internationally acclaimed acts that grace the festival's stages provide the inspiration that keeps it growing, it is the volunteers who generate the equally renowned welcoming atmosphere and who literally run the show.
There are a wide range of roles that volunteers can take, many of which are essential operational positions. There is much need for:
- People who are willing to utilize their specific technical or service related skills.
- Volunteer leaders.
- People who like physical work.
- Customer service people.
- People who are plain passionate about music!
Volunteers at the Jazz festival work within an operational Sector. They often work within the context of a small crew under the leadership of a Sector Coordinator (who is also a volunteer!).
What the Guelph Jazz Festival expects from volunteers are that they:
- Share our commitment to creating inclusive and respectful atmospheres.
- Work a minimum of 6 hours (There is no maximum).
- Attend an orientation session and, for those positions that require it, a training session in the weeks prior to the festival. This time counts towards the 6 hour minimum.
In return, aside from the inherent benefits of working with this fantastic festival, volunteers are provided:
- 1 free ticket to selected ticketed festival performances for every 6 hours worked.
- A great post-festival party.
- A spiffy Guelph Jazz Festival T-Shirt.
Thank you so much for your interest. We look forward to working with you!
Application Instructions: Complete the online form by filling out the required form fields on-screen.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org , or call the office at 519-763-4952.